[SR-Users] Simultaneous usage of t_on_reply() and t_on_failure()

Володимир Іванець volodyaivanets at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:03:10 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask those who know if Kamailio's behavior I'm facing is
expected or I should make some improvements to the configuration. Kamailio
version is 5.1.0.

I have a route where RTPEngine parameters are being collected and
*rtpengine_offer()* is called. After that *t_on_reply("REPLY_SIP_TO_SIP");*
followed by the *t_on_failure("FAILURE_SIP_TO_SIP");* are used. The idea is
to process all responces except 415 or 488 from UAC as usual in
*onreply_route[REPLY_SIP_TO_SIP]* and use
*failure_route[FAILURE_SIP_TO_SIP]* to update SDP with *rtpengine_offer()* if
necessary.

*onreply_route[REPLY_SIP_TO_SIP]* just goes to *exit;* if *$rs* equals  415
or 488. This works fine with Htek phone which sends 100, 180 and then 488.
But I can not see  *failure_route[FAILURE_SIP_TO_SIP]* execution for calls
to Zoiper which replies with 100 and immediately 415.

t_on_failure(failure_route) documentation says: "Sets failure routing
block, to which control is passed after a transaction completed with a
negative result but before sending a final reply." and to be honest I don't
really understand how lacking of responce prevents  failure_route from
executing.

Thanks a lot!