[SR-Users] event_route [tcp:closed] not executed

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:00:40 CEST 2018

On 04.09.18 13:23, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>> I loaded tcpops module but still nothing to syslog from:
>>
>>   event_route [tcp:close]
> I had typo in above: should be closed instead of close.
>
> This again shows that it would be nice if it would be checked that each
> event_route has a home.

The event_route was defined for the specific case where its name can be
anything and it is a matter of modules to execute some as they need.

The interpreter which is defined in core has no clue about what names
can be there. The modules cannot complain if they do not find some
event_route blocks that they expect to execute, because if the event
route is not found, then there should be noting executed.

Being open source, of course anything is "possible", but how to do it
and its complexity may require some consistent analysis to see if
affects the flexibility and then expecting relevant development effort
to go in each module dealing with event_route blocks.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com