[SR-Users] Can't connect to local MySQL server (13 "Permission denied")

Ginhoux, Patrick patrick.ginhoux at fr.unisys.com
Tue Sep 4 10:43:38 CEST 2018

Hi,

Looking at your message, I checked again the installation and mainly the symlink I had created for Kamailio to get the socket file.

For some reason, this link were corrupted. Hereafter what was the issue:

The initial symlink for the socket file was : ln -s /myqdata/mysiprdb/data/mysiprdb.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

But actually a locate command : returns strange

locate *.sock

/myqdata/mysiprdb/data/mysiprdb.sock

/var/lib/gssproxy/default.sock

/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock/mysiprdb.sock

The “/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock/mysiprdb.sock” doesn’t make sense here.

And the “/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock” was actually a directoty

[root at in52inmvt2router1 ~]# ll /var/lib/mysql/

total 4

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep  4 10:21 mysql.sock

Removing all of these files/directories, then recreate the symlink have fixed the issue.

Thanks everybody for your ideas of things to check..

Cordialement.

Patrick GINHOUX

Unisys | +33 1 46 69 52 12 | +33 6 60 32 24 74 | patrick.ginhoux at unisys.com