[SR-Users] Can't connect to local MySQL server (13 "Permission denied")

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Sep 4 08:34:32 CEST 2018

Am Freitag, 31. August 2018, 21:01:13 CEST schrieb Ginhoux, Patrick:
> Usually I connect on a command line like this ;
>
> su- mysql
>
> mysql
>
> use siprouter;
>
> If now I use
>
> mysql -u siprouter -p
>
> Enter password:
>
> mysql:siprouter:(none)> use siprouter;
>
> Database changed
>
> So I can connect the local server.

Hello Patrick,

just some ideas to help you troubleshoot the problem:

- maybe there is an issue with the socket file, that kamailio uses the wrong
socket file?
- maybe kamailio don't have file system access rights to the socket file?
- maybe there is a mistake in the kamailio cfg or an old cfg file is used?
- enable mysql server logging and try to spot something in the log during the
kamailio start

Best regards,

Henning

--