[SR-Users] help with regex extracting from $rb

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Wed Oct 31 09:41:39 CET 2018

Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018, 02:05:09 CET schrieb Sergiu Pojoga:
> May be for a start someone can clarify the general rules of engagement in
> this battle with regex transformations.
> https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.1.x/transformations#resubst_expres
> sion
>
> What kind of regex library does this function expect: PCRE, Perl, Java,
> POSIX BRE/ERE?
> I've used all kinds of regex validators, regex101.com, rexv.org. Some
> expressions pass those but do not work in Kamailio. The result is a dump of
> the entire $rb.
>
> Much obliged.

Hello Sergiu,

from your quoted wiki page:

"Perform POSIX regex substitutions on string value pseudo-variables."

The textops module uses this implementation basically:

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/regexec.3.html

Best regards,

Henning

Kamailio security assessment - https://skalatan.de/de/assessment