[SR-Users] Diversion headers access and message too long error

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Oct 30 21:29:40 CET 2018

Am Montag, 29. Oktober 2018, 17:27:27 CET schrieb Joan Salvatella:
> [..]
>    - *Message Too Long Error:* Since Twilio uses long URIs to define its
>    resources, the SIP messages being handled by Kamailio are sometimes too
> big and generate a "Message Too Long error". I have been able to
> temporarily patch this removing unused headers using remove_hf_re and
> remove_hf but it still fails from time to time. Is there a way to split the
> UDP packet to mitigate this issue? or what other options could be
> considered?

Hello Joan,

I don't understand the error description completely. Does Kamailio complain
about a to long header field or a too long SIP message?

About the question regarding the options - have you thought about using TCP?

Best regards, Henning

Kamailio security assessment - https://skalatan.de/de/assessment