[SR-Users] : hight shared memory usage

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Thu Oct 25 09:08:07 CEST 2018

Am Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2018, 08:53:44 CEST schrieb Laurent Schweizer:
> No, both server have the same script, the only difference is that they are
> connected to different DB.
>
> We increase the max TLS connections because we plan to move some customer on
> this proxy and we want to be ready to accept more than 2K TLS connection .
> [..]

Hello Laurent,

I understand, if they are both the same type (e.g. mysql) of database, then it
should not make a difference.

How fast is the memory used? Can you do e.g. an evaluation during the day or
several days to see the growths rate? What do you configured as pkg and shm
memory setting for the server?

Did this error happens just recently or did you observe it since a long time?

One additional comment, there is a page in our wiki:
https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/troubleshooting/memory

that describes more ideas about memory troubleshooting. As a note: the memory
manager debugging technique described is more targeted to a development or
test environment.

Best regards,

Henning

Kamailio security assessment - https://skalatan.de/de/assessment