[SR-Users] DMQ and DIALOG

Joel Serrano joel at textplus.com
Wed Oct 24 17:09:06 CEST 2018

Hi Alex,

I was thinking of asking something similiar...

Any workaround for something setup like that to work?

But in case of “no”: if Kamailio1 dies could kamailio2 take over the call
and terminate the dialog when finished some how?

AFAIK dmq will replicate the dialogs between nodes, but only the “creating
dialog” node can “tear a specific dialog down” so kamailio2 would be aware
the dialog is there, but as K2 didn’t create it it will not remove it. Am I
wrong?

Or even a restart of Kamailio1 would leave its “dialogs” in orphaned state
as K2 didn’t create them, and K1 (because of the restart) doesn’t know the
dialogs belongs to him because they just came replicated back again via
DMQ...?