[SR-Users] Kamailio as SBC

Ellad Yatsko eyatsko at ngs.ru
Mon Oct 22 15:40:03 CEST 2018

Dear Alex,

your article is just "general words". :-) There is a couple of questions:

  - can my "vision" be completed?
  - how can it be implemented?

The major problem as I see is to modify algorithm so Kamailio will not check
database but will lean on answers of its upstream to generate
UL. It should not BALANCE, just forward SIP traffic, ANALYZE answers of
Upstream
SIP-Server, make decision about attacks and PROXY RTP. It should be more
clear
definition what I would like to achieve.

I could be confused about exact terminology of "Session Border Controller".
But I'd like to implement FRAUD/BruteForce protection of my Asterisk using
Kamailio (in the middle) because I heard it highly effective in the point
of view of heavy loads. Asterisk might not bear a "tons" of SIP requests
(dialogs).

Kind regards,
Ellad