[SR-Users] No way to send SIP reply from app_perl or jsonrpc modules

M S shaheryarkh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:33:53 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have a use case where I need to send a statefull (or stateless) reply to
non-INVITE SIP transaction from PERL script using app_perl module's
"moduleFunction" method,

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/app_perl.html#ID-7b0efd72c8ec89bc43dad940590b40c6

It fails with error "function not found, missing load module?", even though
the documentation says that at least "sl_send_reply" method should work.

As an alternative, I tried to use JSONRPCS module to call RPC methods
"tm.reply" and "tm.reply_callid" from PERL script (using libcurl),

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/jsonrpcs.html
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/tm.html#tm.rpc.reply
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/tm.html#tm.rpc.reply_callid

However, they only seems to work for INVITE transactions. If I try to use
them for e.g. MESSAGE request I get "Request Timeout" on libcurl and "500 I
am terribly sorry" on SIP client.

Are these bugs or suppose to work this way? If so, then, is there any way i
can send a SIP reply to non-INVITE SIP transaction from outside of the
kamailio.cfg script?

Please help.

P.S. I am using Kamailio 5.0.x on debian wheezy 32bit virtual machine.

Thank you.