[SR-Users] Sharing xavp’s between nodes.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 08:30:40 CEST 2018

The xavps are specific for an transaction, even if you replicate them,
it won't make much sense on the other instance if you do not have the
transaction to associate the replicated xavps to it.

One of the xavps related to dispatcher is storing the pointer to the
local socket to be used for sending out (if specified as attribute). In
the past, when dispatcher was using avps, the pointer address was stored
formatted as string. In both cases, old or new, replicating this value
is useless, because it points to the memory of local kamailio. If you
don't set send socket for dispatcher addresses, then this has no effect
for the replication.

Given the above, and once again, replication of xavps makes no sense
without their associated transaction, the way to replicate xavps is to
serialize them to a string, replicate the value using dmq or
uac_req_send() and in the other side deserialize. You can serialize to
parameters format by doing string concatenation and deserialize with
xavp_params_explode(), or serialize to json format and then use
json/jansson modules to deserialize. You can also use embedded scripting
languages to help with serialization/deserialization.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com