[SR-Users] Kamailio with Asterisk as Media Relay

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Oct 8 13:16:43 CEST 2018

Hi Benjamin,

No positive action on your part is required of you or Kamailio to make
this scenario work; it's simply the default.

The SDP-bearing INVITE and response are simply passed along as-is by
Kamailio, and it is the SDP which specifies where the media goes. So, if
endpoint A calls through Kamailio proxy B to Asterisk server C via SIP,
A and C will negotiate media amongst themselves without any intervention
or special measures on your part whatsoever.

-- Alex

On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 01:12:56PM +0200, Benjamin Marty wrote:

> I would like to ask if there is any available informations on how to use
> Kamailio as a SIP Proxy but letting (multiple) Asterisk Instances do the
> Media Relaying. Is this scenario supported and if yes are there any
> tutorials or documentation available for it?
>
> I know the Kamailio Dispatcher Module, but this does as far as I know a
> dispatching of also the SIP Traffic. Not just the Media Traffic.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)