[SR-Users] Kamailio as TCP UDP proxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:44:08 CEST 2018

Hello,

just adding a bit more here ...

When changing the transport protocol, kamailio does bridging
automatically. For example, if two users call each other and one has
registered over UDP and the other over TCP, nothing special is needed,
usrloc/registrar/rr and tm will do the job internally.

If the sip server is also the registrar, then the proxy must do Path
extension processing (see path module).

If you get traffic over TCP and want to send out over UDP, you can set
the dst uri to a UDP address and relay, like next:

$du = "sip:1.2.3.4:5060;transport=udp";
t_relay();

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com