[SR-Users] Automating installation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:26:22 CET 2018

On 29.11.18 22:53, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 01:50:55PM -0800, Joel Serrano wrote:
>
>> If it was me, I would handle everything with ansible, but that is just
>> my tool of preference.
> I'll add a vote for SaltStack, my preferred tool of choice.

Did you start with it and stayed with, or you compared and found some
benefits vs. others like ansible, puppet, ...?

I started with ansible and happy with it, when I looked around the
reasons were that python was installed anyhow by default in debian, then
the target system didn't need to have any server/agent app deployed before.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com