[SR-Users] database connections per child process

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 11:40:15 CET 2018

Hello,

in general, kamailio modules reuse the connection if the target is the
same database server and database name. That makes it like one
connection to database server per kamailio process.

However, there are some modules that may request a dedicated database
connection, not willing to reuse with other modules (iirc, some of the
presence related modules should need it).

Then note that there are more processed than the value of children and
the relation with the listen socket, for example timer processes.

You can execute 'kamctl ps' and you will get the list of the processes
created by kamailio with a short description about their purposes.

In other words, there is no exact formula, what we can do is to check if
you got the expected number of connections, for that you have to provide:

  * the output of 'kamctl srv sockets'
  * the output of 'kamctl ps'
  * the list of loaded modules (enabled loadmodule lines in the config)
  * after that, we may need extra details, like the values for some
modparams set for couple of modules(like db_url, sqlcon, ...)

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com