[SR-Users] t_set_retr and NOTIFY send after handle_publish

Vasiliy Ganchev vancecezar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:45:49 CET 2018

Hi, list!

I have a tricky problem, need advise from the community.

The problem I need to solve:
- have a SIP device, with a big number of BLFs configured, in some moment of
time the device is slow to handle incoming SIP messages (a lot of NOTIFYs
received), kamailio start retransmitting NOTIFYs, and the device get stuck.

My idea is to change retransmits timeout for NOTIFYs that are sent out after
handle_publish, so if get stuck, not to make "DoS" I have.

What I tried:
-  t_set_retr(5000, 10000); before handle_publish => does not work
- my tm is compiled with DTM_DIFF_RT_TIMEOUT, and t_set_retr works for e.g.
INVITEs

I have read the mailing list and also studied sources of presence and tm
modules. I see that at the moment there is no way to solve what I want from
config.

My next steps are going to make some hacks in C code... at least to
understand the code better and find some new insights

Any other ideas?

Comments/ideas are highly welcomed!

cheers

--