[SR-Users] Single session start

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Nov 12 13:20:18 CET 2018

Daniel Tryba writes:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 09:59:10AM +0100, Jos?? Antonio Guti??rrez Delgado wrote:
> > Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to make the last register of a
> > user the active register and if possible the only one.
> > I'm with an Android application and sometimes I can not deregister properly
> > before the new registration, for example when the network changes, so there
> > are times when the hanging signals do not work correctly when there is more
> > than one register for a user.
> > Is it possible to avoid that there is more than one register for a user? Is
> > it possible to configure the last register to delete the previous ones or
> > to be a single register?
> > Thanks in advance and I await your answers.
>
> Take a look at the second argument for save()
>
> https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/registrar.html#registrar.f.save
> Set it to "0x04" to override any other location.

Other options:

1) use tcp or tls and configure K to deregister when connection gets
closed.

2) use a real SIP user agent (such as baresip) that supports GRUU and is
thus able to tell that the next register request is from the same UA as
the previous

Both of these options allows also registering two different UAs using
the same AoR.

-- Juha