[SR-Users] Custom authentication

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Nov 8 06:09:09 CET 2018

Hi João,

It is certainly possible. Specifically, you can use values stored in
pseudovariables for authentication challenges instead of going to the
standard authentication database backing. Have a look at the pv_*
functions in the `auth` module, e.g.

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/auth.html#auth.f.pv_auth_check

Naturally, the values in these variables can be sourced from anywhere,
including an API call to a web server. You can make that call using the
`http_client` or `http_async_client` modules, for instance. You can even
parse a JSON result using the `jansson` module.

-- Alex

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 03:04:44AM -0200, João Sávio wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I was reading the documentation of Kamailio, And, although there are some
> authentication modules, I couldn't find a way to implement a custom
> authentication for SIP Register. Something that allows me, for example, to
> call a web server and returns if the user is authenticated, or the user
> data.
>
> Am I missing anything? Do you know if it's possible to do this using
> another way?
>
> Thanks
> João

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)