[SR-Users] Phone does not set "Expire-header" but "Contact expire", immediately expires

Kevin Olbrich ko at sv01.de
Wed Nov 7 15:06:32 CET 2018

Hi!

I have found the problem. It is indeed desired behaviour!
Current FW is 5.1.0. I have now browsed the realease notes from latest to
oldest and release 5.0.0 (first for Mitel 6900 series) states, that this
phone only works, if registered to Mitel call servers.
This remark is only listet there and in no other location. Seems like all
who buy this phone are currently out of luck.
The phone does not detect a Mitel call server and throws an internal 606
and disables the line until reboot.
Source: Page 14 of Mitel 6800/6900 Series SIP Phones 5.0.0 Release Notes

I never had such a case, where a vendor locks his phone to it's own
platform. In particular does not communicate this change.

Thanks for your help while debugging this. I have learned a lot during
debug.

Kind regards
Kevin