[SR-Users] Link problem between kamailio and MariaDB

Ginhoux, Patrick patrick.ginhoux at fr.unisys.com
Mon May 28 08:33:11 CEST 2018

Hi Henning,

Thanks for your answer.

Cordialement.

Patrick GINHOUX

Unisys | +33 1 46 69 52 12 | +33 6 60 32 24 74 | patrick.ginhoux at unisys.com

De : Henning Westerholt <hw at kamailio.org>
Envoyé : jeudi 24 mai 2018 08:40
À : sr-users at lists.kamailio.org
Cc : Ginhoux, Patrick <patrick.ginhoux at fr.unisys.com>
Objet : Re: [SR-Users] Link problem between kamailio and MariaDB

Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018, 15:34:41 CEST schrieb Ginhoux, Patrick:

> At the moment, I'm trying to replace MySQL by MariaDB on my Kamailio
server

> (5.0.1) . In previous post I have been told that Kamailio supports MariaDB

> and there is no special module to load.

> This work is done on a new server running RHEL 7.4 and MariaDB 10.2.14
that

> is installed under /opt/mysql/na/10.2.14 folder.

> I encounter different problem:

> - Without changing anything in the kamailio script, kamailio failed

> to find the libmysqlclient.so.18 library.

> - So I thought that I could get rid of the above error by changing

> the MODULEPATH in the Kamailio-local.cfg as follows :

> MODULEPATH="/usr/lib64/kamailio/modules/:/opt/mysql/na/10.2.14/lib64/"

> But with this, I get 2 problem:

> [..]

Hello Patrick,

the Kamailio module path is not related to the system library path.

So the correct configuration is to point in the Kamailio cfg the module path
to the installed location for the Kamailio modules, not include the system
library path here.

If you have an issue that the db_mysql module can't find the libmysql system
library, you can either fix the system library search path or use a symlink
approach as you described in the earlier post as well.

Best regards,

Henning