[SR-Users] Developer Guide

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Sun May 27 16:21:31 CEST 2018

Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2018, 15:17:23 CEST schrieb Igor Olhovskiy:
> Is http://www.asipto.com/pub/kamailio-devel-guide/ still holds actual info?
> Cause it’s mostly for 3.3 version, and now is 5.1
>
> And where to read, except source code of course, about how to develop
> modules for Kamailio?

(adding sr-dev as CC, as its a development question)

Hello Igor,

I would say that most of the core concepts (architecture, memory management, pseudo-
variables etc..) are still valid.

In my opinion the value of such a guide is not that it provides up to date information e.g. to
the specific layout of header files, but instead gives an overview about the concepts and
provide pointer to the appropriate parts of development.

About the module development question - you probably already saw the chapter 16.9
about module development in this guide. This is a good start.

Then look to some more simple modules like cfgutils or siputils to learn how to interact
exactly with the core, the cfg, SIP msg etc..

For a new database module the db_mysql module is a good starting point.

If you have more specific question, just ask them on our developer list sr-dev.

Best regards,

Henning