[SR-Users] Performance Testing Kamailio 5.1 as SIP300 LCR on AWS - Recommendation on Tools and Methods

KamDev Essa kamdevessa at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 00:27:00 CEST 2018

 I am assuming the function http_query in kamailio utils is async. Is it not?
KD
    On Thursday, May 24, 2018, 6:19:33 PM EDT, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

 On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 10:15:42PM +0000, KamDev Essa wrote:

>    - Is http_query a bad choice for performance. Is KEMI better?

As long as you perform the queries in a properly asynchronous manner,
i.e. using http_async_client, not necessarily. But yes, HTTP queries are
by nature bureaucratic, since they evolve the establishment of a new
connection socket, etc. Doing something more inline is always better.

>    - Are there any better free apps than SIPp?

sipp is the leading FOSS tool for this. There are a variety of
commercial ones.

>    - Has anyone got cps stats for a SIP300 only Kamailio instance on AWS

That's a meaningless question; way, way, way too many variables.

>    - Is AWS a bad choice for prime time LCR. Any gory stories?

No, it's not a bad choice.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)