[SR-Users] NatHelper's Keep-alive timeout behind proxy

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu May 17 15:23:22 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:43:36AM +0100, Asgaroth wrote:
[OPTIONS and seperate proxy/registrar]
> Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers on how we can achieve this with
> the registrars being seperate from the edge proxies.
>
> Any pointrs/tips etc would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed the same problem (most important with multiple registrars I
didn't like paritioning logic) and my solution was to send my own OPTIONS.

In your favorite scripting language, select all location entries and
construct an OPTIONS and send that directly to the correct proxy with a
preloaded Route (based on Path headers inserted on the proxy). In the
response I defined a valid reply as a response code other than 408 and
below 500.