[SR-Users] Auth module with shared "secret"

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:48:48 CEST 2018

On 11/05/18 13:47, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 11:38:57PM +0100, Asgaroth wrote:
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can debug this further, I'm currently
>> stumped as to what steps to take to see why these messages are failing
>> authentication.
> This works with all auth params set to default. My guess the following
> are the cause of problems.
>
>>> modparam("auth", "nonce_count", 1)
>>> modparam("auth", "one_time_nonce", 1)

Daniel, *thank you*, this was exactly what was causing the issue,
disabled the above two module parameters and, boom, it started working.

I wonder why these particular module parameters would break the
functionality though, I thought the idea was that each proxy would be
able to generate the nonce with a shared secret if it recieved a
challenge response from a ua who's nonce was generated on a different
proxy. Is this a bug, or, is it working as intended when these two
module paramters are enabled?