[SR-Users] WebRTC to SIP gateway

Pan Christensen pan.christensen at phonect.no
Fri May 11 15:28:42 CEST 2018

Hello again!

I've figured out that our SIP backend doesn't like headers with ';transport=ws' or Via: SIP/2.0/AUTO

I need to modify or remove contact, Via and Record-route headers.

I found that the TOPOS module is able to do this. I added it with default settings and applied it to all messages going to the backend. I was then able to make an outgoing call, but found that topology was only hidden in initial requests (not ACK, UPDATE, BYE etc.). Applying the module to messages in all directions worked better.
Being able to make outgoing calls is good progress, but this client will mostly be used for incoming calls (switchboard).
TOPOS does not modify REGISTER. I'm not sure if it's able to or if it should.
We tried modifying the headers in the client, but then Kamailio replies '478 Unresolvable destination' to INVITE from the backend.
How can I enable the WebRTC client to register against the backend and maintain correct routing? Should TOPOS be able to do this? Can I use another module? Is it possible to register the client in Kamailio and then register Kamailio with the backend (building a new REGISTER message)? Any other suggestions?

With kind regards
Pan B. Christensen
Developer
Phonect AS