[SR-Users] Is Media Release (signaling only) possible in Kamailio?

KamDev Essa kamdevessa at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 20:13:22 CEST 2018

 I dont. I want the 2 end points to talk to each other because I am on AWS with shaky bandwidth stats. It can handle signalingbut not RTP.
However the cfg entry modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_sock", "udp:127.0.0.1:7722") gives me to believe (not tcdumped RTP ports yet to prove it ) that Kam anchors RTP @ port 7722.
KD
    On Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 2:02:14 PM EDT, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

 That depends. Start with a more basic question: why do you need RTP relay in the middle at all?

On May 9, 2018 1:54:55 PM EDT, KamDev Essa <kamdevessa at yahoo.com> wrote:
>So all calls that kamailio processes using the default cfg file anchor
>RTP on the kamailio server? Is it a best architecture to farm out RTP
>to Freeswitch? Or is the Kamailio RTP proxy a better gig?
>KD
>On Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 1:38:04 PM EDT, Alex Balashov
><abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
>
>Ironically, nothing. Kamailio doesn't touch the respective parties' SDP
>unless you invoke an RTP relay (or something else like
>fix_nated_sdp()).
>
>On May 9, 2018 1:03:19 PM EDT, KamDev Essa <kamdevessa at yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>>What cfg files changes do I need to make to get Kamailio to be a
>>signally only server, yet manipulate the SDP part of the INVITE
>message
>>to allow remote parties to send media to each other? In Freeswitch
>>terms "bypassmedia".
>>KD
>

>-- Alex
>
>--
>Sent via mobile, please forgive typos and brevity.

-- Alex

--
Sent via mobile, please forgive typos and brevity.