[SR-Users] Relay Latency

Daniel Greenwald dgreenwald at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:49:28 CEST 2018

We are using kamailio 5.0 as an inbound dispatcher. Sometimes in testing we
see it take over half a second to relay a 200 OK. The logs show the new
dialog being creating for the 200 OK within .0001 seconds of receiving the
inbound 200 but it takes another .5 seconds for the relayed 200 to actually
hit the wire. Here is a screenshot showing the timing of the packets. The
box is an EC2 m3.medium under almost zero load (1-2 calls).

Is this normal? What should I be looking at?

Screenshot below: 10.0.23.34 is the kamailio box. Carrier IP obfuscated.
You can see the carrier resends the 200 OK because of the delay.