[SR-Users] Kamailio to Asterisk Proxy with NAT

Benjamin Marty benjamin.marty at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 11:37:37 CEST 2018

I need the scenario for scalability on the asterisk side.

The scenario I still have in my head is that the clients -could- do the RTP
stream directly with the Asterisk Server. The Asterisk Instances have all
their own NATed Public IP (AWS EC2 Instances). But I think I will build
more problems than solving complexity with that approach.

I quite like the approach to use the internal network and don't use the
Asterisk Public IP's at all. So basically all Clients are doing SIP
Signalling + RTP Mediastream over the Kamailio Instance. Or would you avoid
that?

Thanks

Benjamin