[SR-Users] kamailio & vmware

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Mar 28 10:29:32 CEST 2018

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 06:06:58PM -0400, Fred Posner wrote:
> > Anyone has advice on kamailio on a VM, when it only handles sip?? ?
> >
> ESX/VMware has been great for me with kamailio, even with RTP and high
> volume.

ESX works fine indeed. But when you run something like rtpengine with a
moderate volume in a guest, from the guest its perspective all if well
(near 0% CPU usage). From the host its perspective it spends a large
amount of CPU time just scheduling the network interrupts for all those
tiny RTP packets, the amount is largely dependent on the ethernet cards.