[SR-Users] To tags in 407 challenges

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Mar 26 16:55:12 CEST 2018

Hi,

This may be more a SIP question than a Kamailio question, but I am
trying to figure out why 407 challenges from Kamailio contain To tags.

I suppose I've not run across it before, and I can't find an RFC-based
rationale. A negative reply to an invite transaction without an
intermediate early dialog-forming reply (e.g. 183 with To tag) does not
form a dialog, nor takes place within a context in which a dialog was
created. So what gives?

Insights appreciated!

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)