[SR-Users] Help on setting UP SIP PRoxy

Mack Hendricks ap at goflyball.com
Mon Mar 26 13:31:58 CEST 2018

Hey Ayub,

I would take it one step at a time.  Kamailio is a toolkit with a bunch of modules.  I find it useful to first figure out what features you need in a proxy.   This includes understanding what are you trying to protect your backend media servers from, problems you are currently having and/or how are you trying to scale your backend servers.

Assuming you are using Asterisk or FreeSwitch as your backend media servers, here are some questions that might help derive the features you want:

- Are the backend servers being overwhelmed by REGISTER requests?
- Are you providing the proxy for phone end points, PBX’s or both
- What’s your High Availability Requirements?  Are the backend media services replicated so it doesn’t mater what server gets the original INVITE requests?
- Are you handing registrations for 1 SIP domain or multiple SIP domains?
- Do you want to maintain CDR’s at the proxy or leave it to the backend media servers

Mack Hendricks / Head of Support / dOpenSource
web: http://dopensource.com <http://dopensource.com/>
support: +888-907-2085
dSIPRouter <http://dsiprouter.org/> - GUI focused on implementing Kamailio to provide SIP Trunking and PBX Hosting Services