[SR-Users] msilo on proxy in front of registrar

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:41:04 CET 2018

Hello,

I have a bit of a strange situation where I want to add SIP MESSAGE
reliability (store and forward) for a proxy that is in front of the
(message-wise unreliable) registrar/message originator. So I m_store
MESSAGEs in the failure_route of MESSAGE requests.

By default, msilo's m_dump works only for REQUEST_ROUTE, thus I can't
use that in the 200 to REGISTER. But when I add a function to msilo
for ONREPLY_ROUTE (without the check for MESSAGE support) it works.

So, is there a reason that there's m_dump only for REQUEST_ROUTE? And,
is this:
  if ((msg->first_line).type == SIP_REQUEST)
the correct way to check whether we're handling a request or reply?

Also, is there a way to check the expires of contacts in the 200 to
REGISTER from the script, so I don't try to m_dump on de-REGISTER? Or
does this have to go into the m_dump function for the ONREPLY_ROUTE case?

Many thanks for hints!
Stefan