[SR-Users] dovecot authentication

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Jun 30 22:08:28 CEST 2018

Hi Pali,

While there is no such module in Kamailio, there are authentication
functions which make use of credentials from arbitrary variables:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/auth.html#auth.f.pv_auth_check

In tandem with that, you could easily write such an interface using one
of the embedded languages supported, e.g. app_python:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/app_python.html

We have many setups where Kamailio obtains its authentication
credentials from some centralised service or infrastructure that
Kamailio cannot directly liaise with by way of its other modules. It
works very well.

-- Alex

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 09:39:42AM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any module or configuration how to use dovecot SASL
> authentication in Kamailio?
>
> Dovecot exports unix socket (or tcp on localhost) for authentication
> service and lot of server applications can be configured to use it (e.g.
> postfix, prosody, ...) to have one central place of user and
> authentication database. It supports also strong authentication schemas
> like SCRAM-SHA, but also plain text password or DIGEST-MD5. In SIP is
> used DIGEST-MD5 therefore it could be suitable also for SIP and
> Kamailio.
>
> --
> Pali Rohár
> pali.rohar at gmail.com

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)