[SR-Users] Having trouble getting presence working with Polycom VVX phones

Justin Foley jfoley at stratapointe.com
Thu Jun 28 01:50:19 CEST 2018

Hey everyone. I've set up a kamailio server on a local dev box and running the phones on the same subnet as it to avoid any NAT issues. Seems to work fine, phones register & can call eachother and hear voice but the issue I'm running into is I can't seem to get presence to work. I've enabled it in the kamailio.cfg file with #!WITH_PRESENCE but if I go into "do not disturb" or try to call on phone1, it's not indicated on phone2. Also running ngrep on port 5060, I'm not seeing the anything regarding presence being sent over the SIP protocol.