[SR-Users] Alias listen

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Sun Jun 17 15:49:20 CEST 2018

Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2018, 13:00:11 CEST schrieb kai.ohnacker at cbc.de:
> I have a question about the function "aliases". With my server no alias
> entry is registered and there is no DNS server (reverse DNS is not
> possible) in the network. Nevertheless, the SIP server listens to a defined
> alias. Is there next to the config file and the kamctlrc file another place
> where an alias can be entered?

Hello Kai,

Kamailio uses auto-discovery to internally set some aliases. Other then that I think the only
place where aliases are configured are in the usual cfg.

If there is no DNS, there are of course other ways to resolve a local IP address (e.g. host
file etc..).

You can disable this auto aliases functionality in the cfg:

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.1.x/core#auto_aliases

If you still facing issues, please give some more details (e.g. output from kamailio startup)
here.

Best regards,

Henning

--
If you like my work in the Kamailio project, it would be great if you could consider
supporting me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/henningw