[SR-Users] can't assign values to $fU

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:18:42 CEST 2018

Hello,

you have to put this from the perspective of: changes to the SIP message
(headers and body) are not immediately reflected. So even if you do a
replace or subst operation, changes are not visible. If you do
remove_hf() or append_hf(), it happens the same.

The FAQ has an entry for it:

  -
https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/faq/main#why_changes_made_to_headers_or

$fu/U/d used to be read only, we made them r/w for convenience, as a
variable based operation instead of uac_replace_from().

The r-uri variables ($ru, $rU, $rd, ...) are not pointing to the SIP
message buffer, there is a special field (and buffer) inside the
internal structure of Kamailio, that's why changes to it are visible.
The corresponding variables pointing to the SIP message buffer are $ou,
$oU, ...

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com