[SR-Users] Install IMS Modules over KAMAILIO 5.1

John M john332719 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:21:45 CEST 2018

First compile Kamailio 5.1 binaries and start the services with Kamailio
4.x IMS configuration files. You need to remove few of the deprecated
modules. Then compare the working configuration with 5.X IMS cfg files.

You can use OpenIMS HSS application. Configuration is straight forward.

Calls can be tested using Boghe IMS client.

Regards,
Uts

Hello,

not much into IMS myself, and I see you somehow sorted out the Kamailio
part, but in case it helps, you can find sample configuration files in
the source code tree at misc/examples/ims/

As for FHOSS, I am not sure if that project is active/maintained. Maybe
other guys here using IMS extensions can comment more.

On 05.04.18 17:37, Roi Arias Salve wrote:
>>* Hi all.
*>>  >>* I would like to thank you all the documents you have to install a
*>* Kamailio server. It’s quite easy and fast.
*>>  >>* Currently I’m working on Azure, witha  Debian 9 OS, and I’d followed
*>* the instructions to install the Kamailio OPENSER, and everything Works
*>* perfect.
*>>  >>* But now I’m stuck on my next step. I would like to install all the IMS
*>* components, P-cscf/I-cscf/S-cscf/Fhoss following this document
*>* https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/ims/installation-howto
<https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/ims/installation-howto>
*>>  >>* But, I have no success. Maybe I’ve a mistake on the selection for the
*>* Debian OS installed on the server. I say this because of this sentence:
*>>* “ *Note: This document is work in progress and yet unfinished!*
*>>* This is a short installation howto for Debian Wheezy (stable).
*>>* “
*>>  >>* So, I asume that maybe here I have a problem with the OS version, I’ll
*>* try to summarize where I have problems:
*>>  >>* 1.- I’ve installed the , P-cscf/I-cscf/S-cscf not a problem.
*>>  >>* 2.- I am not able to follow this steps related to the repository:
*>>  >>* First, install the Key for our repository:
*>>* wget -O - http://repository.ng-voice.com/PublicKey
<http://repository.ng-voice.com/PublicKey> | apt-key add -
*>>* Then add the repository to your “/etc/apt/sources.list”:
*>>* echo "deb http://repository.ng-voice.com
<http://repository.ng-voice.com/> jessie ims rtpproxy" >>
*>* /etc/apt/sources.list
*>>  >>* and also I have problems with this action over the repository
*>>  >>* Note: You will need to add the “non-free” packages to your repository:
*>>* deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian
<http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian> lenny main non-free
*>* deb http://security.debian.org/ <http://security.debian.org/>
lenny/updates main non-free
*>>  >>  >>  >>*   3.- I decided to install directly the modules from an apt-get
*>* install action, because I followed the instructions on the Log created
*>* on the Kamailio starting box, where you can find all the steps related
*>* to IMS modules, and the suggestion there it is to compile your own
*>* modules. On this step I detected a problem related with the dialog_ng
*>* module, according to the .log document on the Starting box, you have
*>* to include all the modules before you execute the make all instruction:
*>>  >>* modify modules.lst for included modules and excluded modules (use
*>* saved file)
*>>*                 - include: ims_auth ims_charging ims_icscf ims_isc
*>* ims_qos ims_registrar_pcscf ims_registrar_scscf ims_usrloc_pcscf
*>* ims_usrloc_scscf dialog_ng cdp cdp_avp
*>>  >>* 4.- After this issue, I tried to install FHOSS, but here I can’t go
*>* further, I am not able to compile it, neither doing my own compilation
*>* following this step
*>>  >>*   ant compile deploy | tee ant_compile_deploy.txt
*>>  >>* nor following
*>>  >>* apt-get install openimscore-fhoss
*>>  >>* I was no table to get connected to the repository, so I can’t
go further.
*>>  >>* I’m sorry for all this information, can anyone help? Any suggestion?
*>>  >>* Regards
*>>* Roi
*>* 	Libre de virus. www.avast.com <http://www.avast.com>
*>* Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List