[SR-Users] kamalio in virtual environment

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Jul 31 20:00:51 CEST 2018

Am Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018, 19:50:50 CEST schrieb AL S:
> We are running old release of Kamailio 3.3.0 on bare metal and would like to
> upgrade the app and the HW. I was wondering if Kamailio is working in  a
> Virtual Environment.

Hello Alex.

many people use Kamailio on virtual machines like VMWare or AWS/Azure etc.. It
should work without any problems. One thing you need to keep in mind is if you
also route RTP media data (e.g. with RTPproxy) you will need probably a bigger
instance in a public cloud environment to have a decent performance.

Alex Balashov had a talk at the last KamailioWorld conference about this issue
in particular, you can find it on e.g. on youtube.

Best regards,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt