[SR-Users] RTP Proxy

Alex Tatham alex.tatham at dmcplc.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 12:54:11 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of moving approx. 100 Kamailio/Media Proxy (AG Projects) servers to Kamailio/RTPEngine.  I have all the functionality in place and I have a handful of servers in production.  I'm trying to monitor the RTP engine (using Munin) and I'm graphing the values returned from the RPC command rtpengine.get_hash_total.  This value is slowly increasing over time and I'm trying to find out if this is something I should worry about.  I want to make sure that sessions are not being left open and therefore the software will eventually run out of ports.  To give some values, if I make 100 calls the call will be around 25 after those calls.

>From all other tests I have done including a check through the verbose logs I can see the sessions are being closed at the end of the calls.

Can anyone help with this at all or does anyone possibly have any better ideas?

Thank you, Alex

Alex Tatham
Technical Director
​
T:01233 220 943
E:alex.tatham at dmcplc.co.uk
W:www.dmctechnologies.co.uk

DMC Technologies formerly HP Technology
Unit 5, Invicta Business Centre

Orbital Park

Ashford

Kent |
TN24 0HB
DMC Technologies is a trading name of Hobbs Parker 2000 Limited
Registered Office: Romney House, Orbital Park, Monument Way, Ashford TN24 0HB
Registered in England No.04027755