[SR-Users] DMQ with dialog: KDMQ messages being looped back to the source

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Tue Jul 24 17:46:20 CEST 2018

Hi Pat,

In your config, do you exit immediately after handle_dmq_message()?

Are you able to share with us one of the looped messages, both as it is
received by B and then as it is sent back to A?

Cheers,

Charles

On 24 July 2018 at 16:05, Patrick Murphy <patmurph7 at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Kamailio 5.1.1 with DMQ with the following config (relevant
> parts) on 2 nodes.
>
> Node A:
> modparam("dialog", "enable_dmq", 1)
> modparam("dmq", "server_address", "sip:no.de.a.ip:5060")
> modparam("dmq", "notification_address", "sip:myvoip.local")
> modparam("dmq", "multi_notify", 1)
>

> Node B:
> modparam("dialog", "enable_dmq", 1)
> modparam("dmq", "server_address", "sip:no.de.b.ip:5060")
> modparam("dmq", "notification_address", "sip:myvoip.local")
> modparam("dmq", "multi_notify", 1)
>
> "myvoip.local" is a DNS A record that resolves to both the IPs of A and B.
>
> I have the dmq_handle_message(); called if method is of type "KDMQ" in the
> request_route.
>
> Now, in order to test it, I only sent a few calls only on node A.
> KDMQ messages flowed to node B and dialog state replicated. But I noticed,
> node B was randomly sending one of the KDMQ dialog messages back to A and
> receiving a 500 "Server Internal Error" back from node A... (for a subset
> of those calls, not all).
>
> Why would this be the case when the nodes correctly recognize their local
> status by the "local: 1" set as seen from dmq.list_nodes
>
> Anyone else experienced this? What could I be doing wrong?
>

> Thanks,
> Pat.

Sipcentric Ltd.
                Company registered in England & Wales no.
7365592. Registered
                office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation
Birmingham Campus, Holt Street, Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.