[SR-Users] Forwarding to backup server

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:11:12 CEST 2018

Hello, can somebody help me how to configure Kamailio to route/forward
requests to different (backup) server when Kamailio itself is not able
to deliver them?

I have working SIP gateway (on different host/port) which deliver
received SIP messages to XMPP network and I want to achieve:

Kamailio should try to send SIP messages directly to foreign SIP domains
and when it fails (e.g. user not available or foreign SIP is not
running), then forward message to that my SIP <--> XMPP gateway which
will try to deliver it via XMPP.

I guess that Kamailio should be able to configure for such custom
routing/forwarding but I have not figured yet how to do it. I'm using
Kamailio 4.4 with slightly modified default kamailio.cfg config.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com