[SR-Users] Locking htable entries

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 19 13:50:55 CEST 2018

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I'm rather puzzled
as to the intent behind sht_lock() / sht_unlock().

Presumably, "thread"-safe / shm mutex locking is already implemented in
htable query and mutation operations, otherwise htable would be unusable in
a route script context.

So what is the purpose of this higher-level lock? Is it to create a way
to block config script execution in multiple processes as to serialise
operations? Why would one want to do this under any ordinary
circumstances? Perhaps it is a failure of my imagination...

Thanks,

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)