[SR-Users] Encapsulate and de-encapsulate SIP traffic

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:11:04 CEST 2018

Hello,

On 03.07.18 02:03, William Phillips wrote:
> I have a need to encapsulate SIP traffic depending on destination and obviously de-encapsulate traffic incoming from those destinations. The approach to dealing with outbound SIP traffic seems pretty straight forward, I create an appropriate routing block that determines if I need to encap the SIP message, if I do, I forward it off to my module. The incoming traffic isn't particularly complicated, I'm just not 100% sure on the way to give that de-encapsulated SIP message back to kamailio to be processed.
>
> It looks like I can achieve this using the TM module with the uac_req_t struct and tm_bind.request but I really only see it used for SIP text messages in modules like XMPP and SMS. Is this the appropriate approach to achieve what I need?

once you have the sip message, put it inside a buffer allocated with
pkg_malloc(BUF_SIZE+1), then you also need to set the details of source
address and local socket in a receive_info structure -- once having
these, you just execute receive_msg() -- look at udp_rcv_loop() inside
src/core/udp_server.c for more code.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com