[SR-Users] Communication between Kamailio Proxy and Registrar Server

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:43:56 CEST 2018

Hello,

On 09.07.18 16:08, amit Kumar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As per our requirement, we want to configure one Kamailio as a "
> Kamailio  PROXY" and 2nd Kamailio  as a  " Kamailio  REGISTRAR".
> Whenever any INVITE request come at " Kamailio PROXY"  we want to get
> the UA information from " Kamailio  REGISTRAR " and send INVITE to
> particular UA. Could you please let us know how achieve this.

typically the registrar server is the one handling the REGISTER servers,
but the location database needs to be "shared" somehow with the proxy.
There are couple of variants:

  * send invite to registrar and then get 3xx redirect response to be
handled by proxy
  * send invite to registrar which is forwarding back to the proxy (most
common)
  * share location records via database so registrar does save for
register and proxy does lookup for invite using a shared database

You may also want to clarify the requested topology, it can be that one
just wants an edge-proxy at the border of the core network, and
registrars done in the next layer of proxies, where the edge proxy does
some security filtering, so even the register goes through the edge proxy.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com