[SR-Users] kamailio with kannel

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jul 2 23:02:23 CEST 2018

Hi,

My guess is that the strings are not being properly passed as
multibyte/UTF-16 to the API, since, as far as I know, Kamailio has no
native accommodation for wide characters in its internal string
handling, e.g. for modparam and inside-the-config string literal
purposes.

Your best bet is to send those values to an external script, or use
base64 if the sendsms API method supports a payload in that format.

-- Alex

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 08:57:46PM +0000, eyas barhouk wrote:

> hello dears ,
>
> i'm trying to use "http_client" module to post  SMS from kamailio to kannel using the following configuration :

> modparam("http_client", "httpcon", "kannel=>http://username:password@127.0.0.1:443")

> http_connect("kannel","cgi-bin/sendsms?user=username&pass=password&charset=utf-16&coding=2&from=$avp(from)&to=$avp(to)&text=$(avp(text){s.escape.user})","$var(result)");

> And this test success for English characters & phrases, but when i'm trying to send Arabic or Chinese characters it only success if the content of the SMS only has one word.
> in other-word i mean when i'm trying to send more than one Arabic word with a space between each word it reply with HTTP error code 400.
>
> so do you have any ideas about this problem  ??

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)