[SR-Users] DMQ problems

Aleksandar Sosic alex.sosic at evosip.cloud
Sun Jul 1 08:08:08 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

so adding some xlogs We've managed to find out what's happening.
The request route was using:
```
  if(is_method("KDMQ")){
```
but this if was never triggered(!?)
We changed that to
```
  if($rm == "KDMQ"){
```
And now it's working.

So why is that? In the documentation there's an example with is_method:
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.2.x/modules/dmq.html#dmq.f.dmq_handle_message
and I can recall it working a month ago.

Everything is working except for this message:
```25(42) ERROR: dmq [notification_peer.c:596]:
notification_resp_callback_f(): deleting server sip:127.0.0.1:5060
because of failed request```
And that's because of the notification address on the kamailio node we
use as DMQ server

This portion of DMQ documentation says that `Default value is "NULL".`
for the notification_address:
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.2.x/modules/dmq.html#dmq.p.notification_address
But with NULL or NOT specifying a value kamailio does not start.
Am I misunderstanding the documentation? Could this be a feature
request or it's a bug?

In a situation like our where kamailio nodes start and stop on demand
without any prior defined topology or IP addresses defined it's hard
to use DMQ module like that. That's why we introduced a DMQ server
with a fixed IP address that it's handling only those packets (but
it's a workaround).

So my next question is:
Do you guys have an idea on how could we handle DMQ on a very
mutational infrastructure?

Example: I have 2 kamailio nodes in the begining (no fixed IPs - using
DHCP), then when there's demand the infrastructure starts another 2
nodes, now I have 4 of them, then 3, one of the nodes randomly is
stopped.
And I want to use DMQ on these node to propagate information without
using a DB. How could we do that?

Also another thing that we noticed is that the last node to be added
is the one with no prior information regarding usrloc for example, it
has only the changes happening from when it starts on. Could there be
a method or modparam flag to force dmq sync of all the information
upon the startup of another node (another possible feature request)?

Kind regards,
--
Aleksandar Sosic
mail: alex.sosic at evosip.cloud