[SR-Users] Transcoding

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 18:26:53 CET 2018

Hi Steve,
In the past I've used WebRTC2SIP gateway project from doubango :
https://www.doubango.org/webrtc2sip/
I was able to do transcoding for video calls as well. As far as I recall it
was CPU intensive and may require some WebRTC(HTTP/HTTPS) loadbalancing to
be able to handle an satisfactory amount of calls.
In my scenario I had to transcode VP8/VP9<==>H264 streams.

I hope we get better( & efficient) video-transcoding projects soon.

Regards,
Sammy