[SR-Users] Kamailio with asterisk on private lan

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:47:34 CET 2018

To clarify and avoid misleading, rtpproxy should be able to do the same
as rtpengine for this case

Both modules allow to set the public IP address, by providing it as the
second parameter to rtp relay manage function. Also, the applications
themselves have parameters to specify the address to advertise.

On 25.01.18 11:00, Mark Boyce wrote:
> Morning Arsen
>
> Thanks I’ll take a look at that.  Was using RTPProxy just through
> force of habit :-)
>
> Mark
>
>> On 25 Jan 2018, at 09:53, Arsen <arsen.semionov at gmail.com
>> <mailto:arsen.semionov at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> You can solve this by using rtpengine module, it can rewrite SDP
>> offer / answer and replace media addresses with correct IPs.
>>
>>  https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/rtpengine.html#rtpengine.f.rtpengine_offer
>>

>> Arsen Semionov
>> www.eurolan.info <http://www.eurolan.info/>
>> cell: +442035198881
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Mark Boyce <mark at darkorigins.com
>> <mailto:mark at darkorigins.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all
>>
>>     I’m trying to create a relatively simple setup with Kamailio dual
>>     homed on public/private ip and asterisk on private ip only.  The
>>     idea is load balance / fail over asterisk boxes.
>>
>>     Following the real-time tutorial I have clients registering with
>>     Kamailio, Kamailio registering on clients behalf with asterisk as
>>     well as invites going through.
>>
>>     However what I’m seeing is that when an invite occurs asterisk
>>     offers media on its private ip, as it would. However this is
>>     making its way through Kamailio all the way to the client.
>>
>>     After a bit of searching all I can find is people trying to get
>>     it working and failing, or putting asterisk on public IP.
>>
>>     So questions - am I doing this completely the wrong way? Should
>>     Kamailio alter the media ip of asterisk on the way through or do
>>     I need to do that by hand?  Surely someone somewhere has a write
>>     up on this already :-)
>>
>>     Thanks
>>     Mark

> Mark