[SR-Users] WebRTC proxy for legacy systems

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:39:46 CET 2018

Hello,

On 05.01.18 09:55, Karsten Horsmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> you also be aware of longer callsetups to webrtc clients (13 - 38
> seconds) if there are many ICE candidates on the client (like
> different networking devices).
>
> There maybe also fixes in the js SIP libraries for that (I don't touch
> this area).

if you know that it is low chance to work without a rtp relay (such as
rtpengine), one option here is to remove all ice candidates and let only
the ones from the relay. This is a solution in kamailio.cfg.

Otherwise, there are some variants of ICE that should make the setup
faster (e.g., use relay first, they try other better variants and if one
works switch to it). Not sure the state of implementation in browsers
and the options offered by various sip js libraries.

> Am 05.01.2018 9:04 vorm. schrieb "Daniel-Constantin Mierla"
> <miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     another thing that one should be aware of is that in
>     webrtc/websocket some sip headers (e.g., via, contact) use a
>     random string instead of ip addresses and many old devices will
>     throw parsing error. jssip (and maybe other js sip stacks) has an
>     option to enable using a private ip address instead of a random ip
>     address.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniel
>

>     On 27.12.17 12:55, Karsten Horsmann wrote:
>>     Hello Paul and List,
>>

>>     you can use the nice WebRTC Example from havfo at github
>>     https://github.com/havfo/WEBRTC-to-SIP
>>     <https://github.com/havfo/WEBRTC-to-SIP>
>>
>>     The magic with kamailio, rtpengine and WebRTC / SIP Bridging
>>     starts in this route.
>>
>>     https://github.com/havfo/WEBRTC-to-SIP/blob/master/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg#L599
>>     <https://github.com/havfo/WEBRTC-to-SIP/blob/master/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg#L599>
>>
>>     You can merge this with the default kamailio advanced config to
>>     create an kamailio/rtpengine SBC.
>>

>>     Kind Regards

>>     <mailto:paul at kristianpaul.org>>:
>>
>>         Hi,
>>
>>         I'm looking to use kamailio as a webrtc proxy for legacy sip
>>         system that
>>         doesnt have this capability, is there a example or blueprint
>>         i can
>>         follow to get started with this? I'm RTFMing the docs but still
>>         need a while to understand kamailio internals :-)

>>     --
>>     Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>>     *Karsten Horsmann*

>     --