[SR-Users] Is it possible to inject variables into transaction scope

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:55:57 CET 2018

Hello,

the variables attached to a transaction are the avps and xavps, but at
this moment you cannot add one if the transaction is not active (under
processing by config interpreter) at that moment. It would be possible
if you want to write some C code: search the transaction by its id, then
you can add avp/xavp as you can access the lists inside the transaction
structure.

Without C code, a solution for now will be to store the value in a hash
table using a key like "transactionid:varname", then when the processing
of the transaction is resumed, then you can check in hash table and
fetch the value from there if exists. The transaction id is unique for a
lot more than the lifetime of the transaction, if you set auto expire
for the htable for a value that matches the transaction lifetime (see tm
parameters), then all should be safe.

On 25.12.17 18:00, voipspace voipspace wrote:

> Hi
>
> Say I am in a event_route[xhttp:request], which is outside of any
> transaction scope.
>
> I have a transaction id that I am about to resume with t_continue.
>
> From here within event_route[xhttp:request] can avp variable be set so
> they would be accessable in the resumed transaction
>
> regards

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com